At heart, Twitter is a micro-blogging platform for users to share their 140-character tweets to all of their followers. It’s an invaluable tool to be able to keep your customers in the loop with your business by sharing up-to-date information instantaneously. You can also create a direct relationship with your customers by talking with them one-on-one.
Twitter 2014 Statistics
- 3 million Australian users
- An average Australian user will follow about 116 accounts
- In-store sales increased by 29% when using a promoted Tweet
- 67% of Twitter users are far more likely to buy from the brands and companies they follow
- 85% of users feel connected to small businesses after following them